February 07, 2005

A Favorite Trail

A Favorite Trail


Walk down a favorite trail

Move past scattered trees

Come upon a meadow

Of life, summer and green


The path, it’s familiar

The meadow, often crossed

Move through memory

Recall the old again


Stop along this quiet trail


Stand within quaking grass

Find a young damselfly

Of motion, flight and wings


The sight, not familiar

The road, yet uncrossed

Move through moments

Find the new again


Entry type: I better keep my day job

Alternate entry type: Poetry, Approximately

2 Comments:

  • God bless you in all you do. You have a genuine heart and I enjoy reading your poetry about a quiet walk. I love being in nature and even better having things in life slow down and be quiet enough to enjoy the moment you're living in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

  • I love your poem!

    By Blogger Teresa, at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home